An unemployed woman today pleaded guilty to stalking and making threats against Hollywood star Catherine Zeta Jones.
Dawnette Knight, 33, had previously denied the charges but entered a plea deal in a Los Angeles court, admitting one count of stalking and three counts of making criminal threats.
She stood accused of sending threatening and violent letters to actor Michael Douglas, the star’s husband.
One letter said: “We are going to slice her up like meat on a bone and feed her to the dogs.”
Knight allegedly apologised in another letter, claiming she had been in love with Douglas.
Swansea-born Zeta Jones has said she was on the verge of a nervous breakdown as a result of the “satanic” threats.
The plea deal avoids further potential showdowns between the former student and the Academy Award winner.
Hours after the last time they came face-to-face, during a pre-trial hearing, Knight took an overdose of barbiturates.
It was only after a psychiatric evaluation that it was decided she was fit to stand trial.
Knight has been in custody since her arrest and was denied bail last year due to her “threatening conduct”.
Los Angeles Superior Court Judge David Mintz ordered Knight to undergo a 90-day evaluation to deem whether she is suitable for probation.
A sentencing date will be set on June 3 – exactly one year after she was arrested at her home in Beverly Hills.
She faces a maximum five years behind bars. The original 25 stalker-related charges, which she had denied, carried a maximum 19 years in jail. The outstanding charges will now be dropped.