The court battle between OK! and Hello! magazines over Catherine Zeta Jones' wedding pictures is set to go to the House of Lords.
Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas married in New York
OK! lawyers are to take the case higher after the Court of Appeal ordered OK! to pay back £2m to Hello!.
The rivals have been locked in a legal battle since Hello! published photos of Zeta Jones' wedding to Michael Douglas.
OK!, which had an exclusive deal with the couple, sued Hello! but that was later successfully challenged.
OK! had a £1m contract with the couple allowing the magazine exclusive coverage of their wedding in New York in November 2000.
But Hello! published "spoiler" photographs, which were taken by a paparazzi photographer who sneaked into their wedding reception.
The Hollywood couple and OK! took Hello! to court and were awarded £14,600 and £1,033,156 respectively.
During the court case, Oscar-winner Zeta Jones, 34, told the judge she felt "devastated" and "violated" when she discovered "unflattering" paparazzi pictures had been taken.
Confirmation that OK! intended to go to the highest court came on Friday after a hearing at the Court of Appeal.
Lord Phillips, the Master of the Rolls, Lord Justice Clarke and Lord Justice Neuberger ordered the magazine to pay back damages, costs and interest amounting to nearly £2m.
The Appeal Court - which last month overturned a High Court ruling that Hello! should pay more than £1m damages and a similar amount in costs to OK! - also told OK! to make an interim payment of £600,000 towards Hello!'s own legal bill.
Although the three judges refused permission to go to the Law Lords, OK! petitioned directly for the case to be heard.
The £14,600 damages awarded to Douglas and his wife after the High Court ruled Hello! had breached their rights of confidence have not been challenged in the appeal.